Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

What True Love Is



What True Love Is…….
I was just lying there, thinking about a young lady, thinking about what it would mean to me if she said these words to me, “My soul belongs to God, but my heart belongs to you, to do with what you want, as long as you want it.” In my dream, I had just said the same words to her a few days earlier.
My thoughts turned to my relationship with God. You do realize, that she has said, my soul belongs to God? As all souls do. They are not ours to give and take from one deity to another. While we may pledge our love to God or Satan, our souls belong to God alone. We have no authority to buy, sell, trade, or offer them to anyone, and no such bargain is ever honored by God.
As a result of my thoughts of undying love for this lady, who has pledged her heart to another (for the time being), I came to the realization that we do the same to God. Whenever we question God’s love for us. When we feel that God does not care or is not listening to us. When we feel guilty about something we have done, but do not want to face the consequences. When we are afraid of the future, we seek out those we think can reveal the future to us. We seek out horoscopes, Taro dealers, fortune tellers, palm readers, and the like (all fake mind you). Every one of these tell you the lies you want to hear. If the told you that the future could change, and will be changed by your own actions, would you pay for their time? Would you ever go back to them? I would think not! But, by giving you the false hope that “your dreams will always come true,” (good and bad), they ensnare you into believing that they have a connection to the thoughts of God, (where all truth and reality originate).
Those who feel guilty seek out necromancers, spiritualists, and other false prophets who tell them what they think would make you feel better. Several of these false prophets have made a name for themselves on television. Those who pay for their false counsel should realize that the only way to make themselves feel better is to get right with God.
While Satanists may pledge their love to evil, their eternal souls are only damned if they refuse to turn their allegiance to their creator.
In fact, the only reason that we seek answers from anyone but God is that we don’t love God enough to accept the truth. We might not get the answer that we want to hear. If we ask questions, knowing that the answer might disappoint us, but would be the God’s honest truth, would not the asking be worthwhile? We are, after all talking to the creator of the universe, and it, in turn is responding to our cries for attention.
We might not get what we want, and events may not happen the way that we wanted them to when we dreamed about it, but we always get what we need when we ask God for help.  Jesus said, 
" I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.  I and the Father are one.”  Now that’s true love.
I am reminded of a line I have heard many times. "Would you die for him?" There is no greater love than willing to die to your own desires and needs to meet the desires and needs of someone else.


John 10:28-30