Guess what? I completed the book, title Becoming a Better Christian, and submitted it to over 200 Christian literary agents. It offended everyone because it was historically and Biblically accurate. No publisher will publish it because my research indicates that Christian denominations have translated the Holy Bible to meet their own cultural and political needs and to back up the lifestyle that they want to have.
Jesus said (in every translation), "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and to "Love your neighbor as you you love yourself."
Nowhere in any religious text does it say that murder, lying, cheating, adultery, stealing, corruption, stoning, beating, raping, kidnapping or any other inhumane act is acceptable- not even in the Al-Quran.
Maybe the Islamic jihad's rewrote their translation of the Al-Quran to permit these abuses of their fellow man, but God (Allah) never told anyone that these atrocities were okay or that he would reward them for committing these sins.
The Islamic religion as it is presently practiced is so far out of line from the Al-Quran and Mohammed's original drug (opium addicted) hallucinations. But that does not surprise me. Religious extremists never truly believe that the religious text upon which their religion is based applies to them. They pick and choose what parts they want to follow and throw out the rest.
Take a stroll with me as we evaluate the Islamic religion (which strangely compares to radical Judaism) and is based on the Old Testament (before its bastardization by Judaic Pharisees and Sadducee's.
How many of the Old Testament's Seven Deadly Sins does the average Muslim break every day?
Let us compare the texts to the reality of everyday Muslim life:
The list of Biblical sins below are followed by a list of the Quran's listed sins.
The Seven Sins That Are Detestable to God
seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes, (Pride)
a lying tongue, (more pride)
hands that shed innocent blood, (Murder - even in times of war)
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies (bears false witness- lies)
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.“
Haughty Eyes (Pride)
A Lying Tongue
Hands that Shed Innocent Blood
A Hand that Devises Wicked Schemes
Feet that are Quick to Rush into Evil
A False Witness Who Pours Out Lies
A Person Who Stirs up Conflict
- associating anything with Allah (comparing anything as being equal to God) -"Thou shalt not have any other Gods before me." Sound familiar?
- witchcraft (No graven images!) Sound familiar?
- killing one whom Allah has declared inviolate without a just case(Thou shalt not kill) Sound familiar?
- consuming the property of an orphan, (Thou shalt not steal) Sound familiar?
- devouring usury, (you shall not covet) Sound familiar?
- turning back when the army (evil) advances, and
- false accusation of chaste women who are believers but indiscreet. (Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor). Sound familiar?
- Lying - root of sins
- Obscenity - Not controlling the tongue - A huge amount of the sins are from the tongue. It involves back-biting, slandering, lying (similar to above), obscenity, foul language, insulting, etc
- Alcoholism and intoxication. - mother of evil. Handiwork of Devil. Al-Quran, 5:90
- Gambling - Handiwork of Devil. Al-Quran, 5:90
- Dedication of stones - Handiwork of Devil. Al-Quran, 5:90
- Divination of arrows - Handiwork of Devil. Al-Quran, 5:90